Friday, May 7, 2010

Being pregnant is pretty crazy! It's amazing how you can want something for so long and then you finally get it. It was really hard for me to get pregnant. It took 2 1/2 years of trying. I almost got to the point where I didn't think it would ever happen. I actually had severe anxiety over it. About 9 weeks ago I was having anxiety attacks every day. I took some time off of work to get my head straight. My Dad bought me a little plaque that said "Faith in God includes faith in his timing" by Niel A Maxwell. Probably one of the best presents I ever got. I put it in my car so I could see it everyday. Whenever I started to feel sorry for myself I would think that. I also had a really hard time finding out other people were pregnant. When my sister got pregnant I was really upset. Angie and Grandma really helped me with that. Angie told me she had read an article that whenever you feel envious or jealous of someone you just say "I'm happy for you" to yourself. And you say until you believe it. It's amazing how those two little sayings changed my life.

The Thursday before I was supposed to go back to work I found out I was pregnant. I can honestly admit that never even crossed my mind! I was shocked. I called my husband and he was just as happy as me. It's amazing how much my life has changed in the last 3 weeks. Mostly the fact that I've gained like a pound in my chest! Not something I would usually comment on, but it's crazy how much bigger and sorer they are! I had to buy a new bra.

Last Wednesday Luke and I got to see the baby's heart beat. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen or heard. It was amazing how something so little could beat so hard and fast. It's our little miracle! I can't wait to see what he/she will look like!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is an amazing thing! hope you are feeling good! i don't have your address btw! i need it for sure

    ReplyDelete