Thursday, May 28, 2009

I've been pretty stressed out lately between the new job and my friend that is having a lot of problems...I guess just life in general. My friend went missing at the beginning of this week. She was supposed to be at my house on Sunday morning. She didn't get here and I didn't hear from her all day. I didn't hear from her on Monday either. I was getting frantic. On Tuesday her cell phone started going straight to voicemail rather than ringing. I tracked down her sister on Wednesday and she hadn't heard from her either. I was really worried, it's not like her to not call me. I finally started calling the state troopers of every state that she had passed through. I found her. She was stuck in Wyoming without the ability to call people. I finally got to talk to her and I have never heard someone sound so found. She didn't know how to get a hold of me as her cell phone was no longer working. I have never been so frantic in my life to get a hold of someone. I was so happy when I found her. I've never been so stressed in my life. I've also never been so elated to find someone. She just kept saying you found me, you found me, I can't believe you found me! That's been my week.

It's weird learning new things. I've never been one really to share like that before. I just really don't think that many people read my blog. I found this really awesome quote on emotions:

"Emotions are usually contagious. Even if your emotions change, the other person is likely to be reacting to an emotion long after it has passed. Empower your no, negative power is the power to punish the other, positive power is the power to protect and advance your interests and needs. To uncover you needs, listen to your emotions. Emotions have intelligence, they are the language used by your core. Your core needs to signal that your needs are not being met. If we listen rather than react to emotions, we can benefit greatly."

I think I was reacting to my emotions rather than listening to them. It's what you do when your down that makes you who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment